GET ME TO 21 - JENNA LOWE TRUST


GET ME TO 21
JENNA  LOWE TRUST

Today on Sakhisizwe we had Gabi Lowe mother of the late Jenna Lowe who passed away in June 2015. Twenty-year-old Jenna Lowe influenced massive social change in South Africa. She fought for awareness and support of Pulmonary Hypertension and increased the number of organ donors by tons of thousands with her internationally acclaimed #Getmeto21 campaign. Following Jenna’s death in June 2015 the trustees decided to continue the work of the trust in order to honour Jenna’s remarkable legacy, on the 28 October Jenna would have celebrated her 25th birthday.

The trust which is called Jenna Lowe trust has several objectives which includes:

1.     To raise awareness for Pulmonary Hypertension in South Africa, to encourage and facilitate earlier diagnosis, and to provide better care for patients, caregivers and patient families.
2.     To increase public awareness around the shortage of organ donors in South Africa, address misconceptions and drive registration.
3.     To create platforms that raise funds for, and donate money to, campaigns and projects that are directly related to Pulmonary Hypertension and Organ Transplantation in South Africa.
4.     To support projects and people who educate and train individuals, families and organisations in broad or specific areas of Pulmonary Hypertension and Organ Transplantation.
The Jenna Lowe Trust is 100% a not for profit organisation. It remains specifically recorded that no trustee is paid for his or her time in executing their duties as a trustee. Such time is all given voluntarily, free of charge.

Gabi lowe  studied   a BA before embarking on a successful career in media and marketing. In 2011 she was captured into a totally new world ,that of rare diseases  ,big pharma and transplantation ,filled with massive challenges ,learning ,losses and love . Gabi is  now a sought-after life coach ,facilitator of workshops on emotional resilience and inspirational speaker. She has also written the book of her daughters life, called GET ME TO 21 which is available at all book stores and online, but if the book is purchase through www.jennalowe.org 10% of the proceeds goes directly towards fighting the cause of  Pulmonary Hypertension. The #Getmeto21 campaign is still running so do support the campaign by becoming an organ donor today. 

One of the poems Jenna wrote at age 13 that is also featured in the book, read by Gabi is: My Life is a Braid 

My life is a braid
Some parts tightly woven
Some parts weakened in a way
The future lies before me
The threads are not yet sewn

They are lying in a pattern
One that I can't understand
Laying so uncertain
Like a wave upon the sand

My destiny is a blank page
The pen is writing as I speak
At some times I'll be strong and calm
At others scared and weak

All I know for sure
Is that nothing's yet complete
The world will carry on without me
Nonetheless, less sweet

I can make a difference
And a difference can make me
I am like a tiny seedling
Growing slowly to a tree

The Future is still coming
Like a wild and restless sea
It's uncontained
I've tried in vain
But through me it will seep

I am shielded as I can be
As I stand I am prepared
I must admit though, just to you
That sometimes I am scared

The future is still coming
Surely that you see
My time has come
My will be done
Stand back world -IT'S ME!
For more information or to get involved with the donors you can visit the organisation website on www.jennalowe.org   
                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rudy van Dieman to summit Table Mountain 365 times in 2022, to raise funds for building a community orphanage

Tygerberg Hospital Children's Trust World Prematurity Day Fun Walk

FAST Prep - An Innovative method to help stop the spread of HIV and enhance the quality of life for those living with HIV/AIDS.