Short Tips to Keep You in Tip Top Health (ba-bamail.com)
Anyone will tell you that nothing is more important than your health, and staying healthy should be your #1 priority. These little tips, tricks, and pieces of advice should help you and those around you to stay healthy.
1. If you feel like eating but are not sure if you’re really hungry, ask yourself if you’d like to have an apple. If the answer is ‘no’, you’re most likely bored rather than hungry.
2. Exercising before going to bed makes your muscles burn more calories during the night.
3. Crying releases excess stress hormones and is scientifically proven to ease mental strain.
4. A mid-day nap improves your memory and reduces the chances of developing heart diseases.
5. If you’re feeling anxious and stressed, eat a melon. Melons help relieve anxiety and stress, plus they boost your metabolism.
6. Start learning a new language or how to play an instrument. These actions help slow down the brain’s aging process.
7. While driving, chew mint or cinnamon-flavored gum. It has been proven to reduce feelings of frustration by 25%, increase your vigilance by 30%, and makes the drive feel 30% shorter.
8. You can ‘program’ your brain to be happy in a simple way: think of three things you’re grateful for every day. Do this for 21 days and you’ll notice the change.
9. Skipping a meal can cause you to gain weight. Your body thinks you’re going through a famine, which causes it to work in energy-saving mode and makes burning calories more difficult.
10. Listening to music regularly is said to reduce the chances of developing a brain tumor.
11. Drink two cups of cold water before a meal, as this boosts metabolism by up to 30%.
12. If you suffer from headaches or mental stress, lie down next to a wall with your legs elevated and leaning against the wall at a 90-degree angle. Maintain this position for 5 minutes.
13. Running for half an hour a day will help you reduce 0.5kg (1 lb) of fat a week.
14. Drinking a lot of water during the day helps you sleep better at night.
15. Women who walk for an hour each day reduce their chances of getting breast cancer by 15%.