On today's show i spoke to Luvuyo Zahela from Cesvi Foundation in
, South Africa . We spoke about the services offered by the Hub
Partners @ Khanyisa Community Centre. Cape Town
- Sizakuyenza - Safe Home , HIV\AIDS programs , Substance Abuse , Psycho social support for Orphaned and vulnerable Children( OVC'S) , Womens Network.
- Ons Plek - After School care program for orphaned and vulnerable children .
-Mosaic - Gender Based Violence Workshops , Counselling , Preparation of Victims for court appearance.
- Inyanda- Youth Network - Communicating Cross Cutting Issues such as HIV\AIDS , Crime, Substance Abuse , GBV and many more using performing arts.
Cesvi, established in 1985, is a secular, independent association, working for global solidarity. In the values guiding Cesvi, the moral principle of human solidarity and the ideal of social justice are transformed into humanitarian aid and development, reinforcing an affirmation of universal human rights.
Cesvi believes strongly that helping the underprivileged in developing countries, or those in difficulty due to war, natural calamities and environmental disasters, does not help only those who suffer, but contributes also to the well-being of all of us on the planet, our “common home” that needs to be looked after for the sake of future generations.
- Immediate help to ensure survival and to overcome emergencies;
- The rehabilitation and reconstruction of systems destroyed by war or natural calamities;
- Cooperation programs and projects for the development of underprivileged social groups and poor communities.
Cesvi mission to people in need around the world can be divided into three main categories:
Visit their website : www.cesvi.eu