Shuvandre The Journey

I was born in the beautiful city of George. My parents got divorce so I was raised by my loving and supportive mother and my parents chose to call me: Theo. Life was treating me right, but deep inside a natural fire started slowly to light inside me, an unbearable burden was in my heart, I felt different, I spoke differently, I had feminine preferences: I was Gay.

In a family, in a town where being gay is sacrilege, how do you come "out" when you only 16 years-old? How do you master your own fears? How do you face your father and tell him: Dad, I am gay!!!

"I knew it, my son I was waiting for you to tell me that" was my mother's response. Being the only child, my father went red and until now, he does not cope with this situation or accept the fact that this id who i am and what makes me be me.

The support of my mother and my few friends was unconditionally, makes me strong to perpetuate my journey.

Troubles started, my misery began, I was living hell on Earth. At school, I was bullied by other male pupils, they beat me up, in the street, it was horrible, I was stoned several times and called "Moffie" or "Bunny" myriad of occasions.

All the insults, the beatings, the cruel words diminished someone's self-esteem, self-confidence. You just become psychologically, emotionally, mentally defeated. I was at my lowest.

Enough is enough, in 2008, my philosophy changed:" Accept me as I am or ... , don't tolerate me and 4 years ago, I became transsexual and identify as a female. I might have a male structure body but I live my life as a woman in all aspects of my life. I respond now to the name of Shuvandre.

Being transsexual did not stop me to achieve greatness, I am a registered Nurse and loving every bit of my journey.


For more information contact
Facebook: the Shuvandre journey
Email: theshuvandre25@gmail.com


                                            By: Panphil Tshisumpa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rudy van Dieman to summit Table Mountain 365 times in 2022, to raise funds for building a community orphanage

Tygerberg Hospital Children's Trust World Prematurity Day Fun Walk

FAST Prep - An Innovative method to help stop the spread of HIV and enhance the quality of life for those living with HIV/AIDS.