K.R.U.M.P

Growing up, I was bullied and I am from Bonteheuwel a place where shootings, killings, gangsters, alcohol and drug abuse are not news anymore.....

My escape from all of these terrible social ills was when I was dancing, I've always been a dancer and I got introduced to Kingdom Radically Uplifts Mighty Praise better known as KRUMP.
KRUMP became my way out , my evasion out of an hostile world.

Even though I was dancing, an heavy weight was in my heart, I wanted to help the children of my community, to give them a platform where they can express themselves through dancing, through KRUMP. The Northern Dance Academy was born.

I started teaching children to KRUMP, it's an hard style or an angry one for others, but we all come from a tough place, why should we dance in a traditional way?
I teach now 40 children on a daily basis.

On the 27 of April, we will be having a concert named "1.3" at Multipurpose Centre in Bontasa/Bonteheuwel . It takes 1.3 km to reach the Community Center every day: we walk 1.3 km back and forth . The concert is R30 pre book and R40 at the door on the day.

My big advise to children is to avoid being a "dumb dancer", school is and remains a priority. You dance as an extra, you should always do something positive and to parents, take the time to listen to your children, they have many true stories of what is happening to them to tell if you give your ears.

For more information contact: 
WESLEY BOSCH


                                            By: Panphil Tshisumpa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rudy van Dieman to summit Table Mountain 365 times in 2022, to raise funds for building a community orphanage

FAST Prep - An Innovative method to help stop the spread of HIV and enhance the quality of life for those living with HIV/AIDS.

Winter having an effect on Bloodstocks