Monday, February 27, 2017

MONDAY- HEALTH

Today we spoke to Adele Grosse a mother of a 13year old boy named Luca that has been diagnosed with leukaemia last year November.

“I’ve been working closely with The Sunflower Fund, a South African non-profit organisation dedicated to creating awareness, educating the public and facilitating the registration process for people to join the South African Bone Marrow Registry (SABMR). Every year, hundreds of South African children and adults with blood diseases such as leukaemia and bone marrow failure, reach a stage where their only chance of survival is a bone marrow transplant from a healthy donor. In about 30% of cases, a fully matched donor can be found in the patient’s own family, most often a brother or sister. For the other 70% of patients, their only hope is to find a matched unrelated donor identified by the South African Bone Marrow Registry (SABMR).”

She shares her story with us, “pleading with the public, parents, family ect to sign a petition to challenge government to subsidise the registration and test fee to become a stem cell donor. Our government subsidises ARV's 100% for HIV patients, why not stem cells? My son and many other children innocently became sufferers of leukaemia and should be given the chance to a life. Please help by signing the petition on change.org or follow this link: Sign the Petition. Together we can make a difference!” Grosse concludes.

For more information contact:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adelemollergrosse




By Jasnine Roberts

No comments: